Join Us This April at COLLABORATE 19, the Technology and Applications Forum for the Oracle Community
April 7-11, 2019
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
San Antonio, TX
COLLABORATE is the largest user-led, user-focused event for Oracle users of all levels. IT decision makers, super users, Oracle and Oracle vendors gather to share real-world insights and practical solutions to maximize return on their Oracle investments. Find us at the Tidal Booth #943
Attend Our Education Session
- Session Title: Leveraging Workload Automation Drives Success for Ahlstrom-Munksjo NA Specialty Solutions
- Date & Time: Tuesday, April 9 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Location: GH 2nd FL Bowie B
- Speakers: Diane Miller – Senior Systems & Telecom Specialist/CNC, Ahlstrom-Munksjo
Rick Kane – Vice President, Tidal Workload Automation
- Abstract: In this session hosted by Diane Miller; you’ll learn how Ahlstrom-Munksjo has brought job scheduling for JD Edwards solutions into an enterprise context and provides greater automation; visibility; control; and reliability to their enterprise. Ahlstrom-Munksjo (previously Expera Specialty Solutions) needed more functionality than provided by the native scheduler inside JD Edwards. While the JD Edwards internal scheduler can manage native batch processes; it is not built to accommodate enterprise-wide scheduling environments. They implemented Tidal Workload Automation and the JDE Adapter which allowed their users to define; launch; monitor; and control JDE processes using Universal Batch Engine (UBE); which is then used to execute these processes. It also enables their users to quickly resolve job failures; incorporate multiple cross-application dependencies; and utilize process models for JD Edwards UBE programs.
- Objective 1: Centrally schedule; automate; and manage workloads and processes across an unparalleled diverse mix of systems; databases; middleware; and applications all from one view
- Objective 2: Discover how workload management is an essential part of any ERP solution because it allows critical transactions from various databases and applications to occur at the right time; every time
- Objective 3: Learn how this enterprise was able to improve the quality of service levels and mission-critical workflows delivered to the business
About Tidal Workload Automation
Tidal is the world’s first and only enterprise-class workload automation platform integrated with and powered by the Oracle Cloud. We are an Oracle cloud partner specially designated to help Oracle customers in their evolution from automating on-prem apps and workflows to automating those same apps and workflows in cloud, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
As today’s leading automation platform for hybrid multi-cloud environments, Tidal is working with Oracle to help customers as they embrace the Oracle Cloud – a digital transformation journey in action.